David Gilmour and the Fender Custom Shop are extremely proud to release one of the most iconic and highly-anticipated musical instruments of the past 50 years, the Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster, based on David Gilmour’s famous “Black Strat” guitar.
A cornerstone of Pink Floyd’s revolutionary and incomparable sound, David Gilmour’s Black Strat is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically-acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island.
The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with David Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create his signature model, a reproduction of the Black Strat—complete with its unmistakable look, sound and feel. Featuring a Black nitrocellulose lacquer finish alder body with a black pickguard, one-piece maple neck, custom pickups, and David Gilmour’s now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm, the David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster is as beautiful, powerful and idiosyncratic as David Gilmour’s playing. Additionally, David Gilmour’s signature guitar comes with a custom case, Evidence Audio™ high-end guitar cable, David Gilmour’s three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD package, and a copy of Phil Taylor’s The Black Strat book.
- Color- (806) Black, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Body- Comfort Contoured Select Alder
- Neck- 1-Piece Maple, 1983 Thin-Shouldered “C” Shape, (.790” to .870” Taper), (”Thin-Skin” Dark Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard- Maple, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
- No. of Frets- 21 Vintage Style Frets
- Pickups- 1 Custom Hand-Wound Fat ‘50s Single-Coil Strat® Pickup, (Neck), 1 Custom-Wound Single-Coil Strat® Pickup (Middle) 1 Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat® Pickup (Bridge)
- Bridge- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Custom Beveled Tremolo Block and Shortened Tremolo Arm
- Machine Heads- Fender/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware- Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard- 1-Ply .120” Beveled Black Acrylic, (11 Hole)
- Scale Length- 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width at Nut- 1.675” (42.5 mm)
- Unique Features- Thin-Shouldered “C” Neck Shape Duplicated from David’s 1983 U.S. Vintage ‘57 Strat® Neck, Custom Shortened Tremolo Arm, Custom Beveled Tremolo Block, White Tremolo Back Cover, Black Dot Position Inlays (Narrow Spacing), Aged White Plastic Parts, Built as if bought new in its respective year and brought forward in time. The First 500 Sold in Either Finish Option will Include a Limited Edition, Signed Copy of “The Black Strat®” Book, Autographed by the Author, David’s Long-Standing Guitar Tech, Phil Taylor.
- Accessories- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case, Evidence Audio™ High-End Guitar Cable, Custom Leather Strap, GHS® DG Boomers Strings, DG Pick, David Gilmour’s Three Disc “Live In Gdansk” CD and DVD Package, a Copy of Phil Taylor’s “The Black Strat” Book, Polishing Cloth and the Certificate of Authenticity
- Case- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case with Green Crushed Velvet Lining and with “David Gilmour” and Custom Shop Logo Embroidered on the Lid Interior