Includes: Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity, Case Candy, Evidence Audio High-End Guitar Cable, “The Black Strat” Hardcover Book, David Gilmour “Live In Gdansk” CD and DVD Package
David Gilmour’s Black Stratocaster is one of the most coveted instruments in Rock and Roll history. The guitar is responsible for the amazing tones heard on a number of Pink Floyd’s classic albums, such as Dark Side of the Moon and Animals, as well as a surge in sales of blacklight posters and an increased interest in the Wizard of Oz.
This Stratocaster was created by the Fender Custom Shop in collaboration with Gilmour and his guitar technician Phil Taylor to recreate replicas of the instrument Gilmour has played throughout his career. The finish is a black over 3-tone sunburst, which looks very cool in some spots around the edges of the body where you can see red under the black.
The electronics on this Strat are what really makes this guitar unique. The neck pickup is a custom wound Fat ’50s Strat single-coil, the middle is a custom wound single-coil Strat pickup, and the bridge is a Seymour Duncan SSL-5 single-coil Strat pickup. The pickup selector is a 5-way, and in between the Volume and Tone knob is a little notch that adds the neck pickup in the 1, 2 and 3 positions of the selector switch. This gives the tone a very unique sound that adds a bit of mids, it’s great for solos or coloring up your tone a bit.
- Black over 3-Tone Sunburst Finish
- Comfort Contoured Select Alder Body
- 1-Piece Maple Neck
- 1983 Thin-Shouldered “C” Neck Shape
- .790” to .870” Neck Taper
- Maple Fretboard
- 25.5″ Scale Length
- 1.675″ Nut Width
- 7.25″ Fretboard Radius
- 21 Vintage Style Frets
- Custom Hand-Wound Fat ‘50s Single-Coil Strat® Neck Pickup
- Custom-Wound Single-Coil Strat® Middle Pickup
- Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat® Bridge Pickup
- 5-Position Blade
- Mini-Toggle (Adds Neck Pickup in Positions 1, 2 and 3
- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Custom Beveled Tremolo Block and Shortened Tremolo Arm
- 1-Ply Beveled Black Acrylic Pickguard
- Fender/Gotoh® Vintage Style Machine Heads
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware